Today’s market is full of products based on argan oil. Many popular brands add this ingredient to their hair care products to make hair look and feel luxurious. Moreover, argan oil is considered a perfect alternative to beauty salon treatments made to give your tresses a better look.
Moroccan argan oil can do wonders for your hair, but you need to get familiar with its properties to apply it properly. Knowing such details, you can make the most of your beauty routine and consistently restore the shine and health of your hair. Read on to learn about the best argan oil products and the secrets of their usage to ensure the best effect.
Moroccan vs Argan Oil: Any Difference?
In many instances, “argan oil” and “Moroccan oil” are used interchangeably, the latter being used for argan oil products coming from Morocco. However, there are some good reasons to differentiate between the terms. Here is why:
Argan Oil is a pure argan oil, extracted from the nuts and kernels of the Argan tree growing in Morocco. The essential fatty acids, along with vitamin E, carotenes, and other argan oil components, make it truly beneficial for all hair types. Organic argan oil also includes elastomers which contribute to the product’s complete absorption. Thus, you can forget about the typical for other essential oils greasy after-feel when applying argan oil.
Cosmetic manufacturers use argan oil to produce shampoos and conditioners to repair damaged hair and increase hair’s elasticity. Besides, you can add argan oil to your beauty routine to hydrate your skin, regulate sebum production, and prevent aging. The pure argan oil can also be used orally as a supplement or as cooking oil.
Moroccan Oil, also known as ‘liquid gold’, is the argan oil that contains additives. This makes Moroccan oil more watery than argan oil, which is why it is easier to use it as a hair styling product. This oil can significantly ease your hair care routine as it makes tresses more manageable. Moreover, most Moroccan oils on the market contain silicones in its formula that help tame your frizz and reduce static electricity.
What Does Argan Oil Do for Hair
Argan oil helps to avoid numerous hair conditions and promotes healthy hair growth. Besides, it can revive your lifeless hair without much spending, unlike high-priced salon care. Check out the complete list of argan oil benefits to figure out how you can use this oil in your haircare routine.
1. Stimulate Hair Growth. Argan oil naturally prevents hair-loss thanks to Vitamin E, which is responsible for hair growth and hair follicles strengthening. Thus, if you need to promote hair growth, you can add argan oil shampoo or hair mask with this ingredient in your haircare routine.
2. Protects Against Dry and Itchy Scalp. Argan oil has rich antioxidant properties that are extremely useful for skin, so it can help you prevent skin conditions like psoriasis, seborrheic dermatitis, etc. Authentic argan oil provides excellent skin barrier repair effects and improves scalp and hair health.
3. Eliminates Dandruff. Pure argan oil is an excellent solution for treating dandruff inducing oxidative stress. A regular scalp massage with essential oil produces hydrating and conditioning impacts on the skin and eliminates dandruff caused by a yeast-like fungus.
4. Moisturizes and Conditions Hair. Argan oil contains fatty acids that help moisturize the scalp and protect hair. The oil lubricates the hair cuticle, prevents skin dryness, and makes your hair shinier.
5. Improves Hair Elasticity. If you want to restore shine to your dull, lifeless hair, you can use argan oil or products that contain this oil in your haircare routine. Antioxidants, vitamin E, and essential fatty acids in their content increase hair’s elasticity, thus improving overall hair health.
6. Protects Against Styling and Coloring Damage. Hair dye and styling procedures always affect hair condition; therefore, you need to use products that strengthen hair strands. Apply argan oil hair mask to add a protective layer to the hair and protect it from split ends and damage.
7. Provides Efficient Sun Protection. Among all, pure argan oil helps protect skin and hair against free radical damage from the sun and allows to prevent damage from ultraviolet rays.
How to Use Argan Oil for Hair
To protect hair from mechanical damage and conditions caused by the dry or itchy scalp, you can use a few drops of argan oil on the scalp and hair strands. After regular use of this hair oil or a hair mask containing this product, you will be impressed with your healthy and shiny hair. Here are some ideas of how you can use argan oil for your hair to full advantage:
- create a homemade hair mask and apply it to your hair from roots to ends;
- use argan oil for hair as a scalp treatment and massage it into your scalp after shampooing;
- apply argan oil as a leave-in conditioner on your wet hair;
- use argan oil as a styling product to smooth your frizzy hair.
Mixing argan oil with other oils can allow you to keep hair protected and prevent tresses damage. Thus, for example, if you use argan oil with coconut oil, you can increase your hair shine. A mixture of castor oil and argan oil will effectively promote hair growth, and adding a few drops of peppermint oil will make your hair mask smell great.
The Best Argan Oil Products to Try
Check out the top 5 argan oil products most hairstylists recommend:
This high-quality yet affordable argan oil includes only 100% pure argan oil. Enjoying many positive reviews, it is considered one of the most effective hair care products, so you can feel free to use it for your skin and hair. Add it to your beauty routine to moisturize your dry hair and smooth frizz.
This USDA-certified organic argan oil is another product that leaves consumers truly satisfied with its quality and effectiveness. The oil works great as a moisturizer for skin and hair and is particularly good for dry, tangled ends.
This argan oil for hair has a fantastic multitasking formula, which makes is super effective on split ends, dry hair cuticles, and dry scalp.
This versatile serum treatment is a perfect treatment for your scalp. The nourishing oils included in its formula help strengthen and moisturize curls and prevent dry scalp conditions.
This argan oil product is enriched with linseed extract – a good source of alpha linolenic acid that helps improve the health of hair. Use it to upscale your hair care routine, and you’ll see how refreshed and healthy your locks will look. It works for any hair type, but also comes in a Light version for fine and light-colored hair.
Argan oil is definitely the best oil for dry hair you might find on the market. It helps repair damaged hair, moisturizes the scalp, strengthens fine hair, prevents hair strand breakage, and brings shine to all hair types. With a slew of benefits, argan oil is considered an excellent alternative to a salon treatment. Use a few drops of this premium quality hair oil after shampooing, and you will be impressed with the wonders argan oil can do for your hair!
Images via Depositphotos.