Oil-based hair care is a thing now. But the problem with most hair oils is that we respect the naturalness of ingredients but don’t see the same kind of wow results we get with toxic hair products stuffed with harsh chemicals. That’s why we decided to review some luxury oil-based products beauty influencers swear by. Also, we’ll be talking porosity levels and why they matter when choosing a hair oil, so keep reading!
Nanoil Hair Oils came into existence as an outcome of the fascination with natural oils and the regenerating properties they display. This well-balanced hair cosmetic is available in three versions, each containing a different blend of oils and a set of regenerating substances. Nanoil Hair Oil perfectly matches the right version to a particular hair type. The easiest way to describe both the condition and type of hair is by defining the term hair porosity. When realizing which porosity your hair is, you can consciously define its condition and choose the type of care your strands require. In other words, you’ll be able to provide your hair with care that is on point.
What Is Hair Porosity?
In simple English, hair porosity is how well your hair is able to absorb and hold moisture. In general, recognizing our hair porosity is crucial because it has a direct influence on the condition and health of our manes. The overlapping keratin cuticles, which create a coat that protects the cortex, may be either slightly or significantly risen. In terms of hair health, this means that the more hair is damaged, the more the cuticles are risen. And this is how high porosity can be described. On the other hand, the more tightly the curricles overlap one another, the lower the hair porosity. In general, there are three hair porosity types:
- High porosity hair — damaged, very dry, brittle, dull.
- Medium porosity hair — weak, frizzy, falling out, no shine.
- Low porosity hair — oily, heavy, easily weighed down, lacking volume.
How to Determine Hair Porosity?
There are three easy methods:
- Do the test online.
- Visit a hair doctor (also called a trichologist).
- Perform a simple experiment at home. Place one or two strands of you hair in a cup of water. If they float, you have low porosity. If they sink to the bottom, you have high porosity. And if they are in the middle of the glass, you have medium porosity.
Which Nanoil Hair Oil to Choose for Your Porosity Level?
Each type of porosity requires special methods of treating your hair. Sadly, substances used in classic cosmetics aren’t able to adjust themselves to match a particular porosity. Nanoil handles this task, and the guide below will help you choose the perfect oil for your hair type.
- Nanoil for Low Porosity Hair is a diversity of oils filled with saturated fatty acids. It’s mainly composed of vegetable butters (coconut, shea, babassu, monoi, and cupuacu) and oils such as scalp-conditioning pine oil, growth-enhancing castor oil, anti-aging maracuja oil and heat protectant coconut oil. The rest of the composition consists of panthenol, vitamins A and E, UV filter and hair-growth substances. Owing to all of these ingredients, Nanoil for Low Porosity Hair solves the toughest problems related to this hair type. It facilitates styling, regulates acid-base balance on scalp, ensures sun protection, accelerates hair growth, lifts hair roots, cares for the proper hydration, holds back premature aging, and adds lightness to hair.
- Nanoil for Medium Porosity Hair includes six natural oils that have the amount of unsaturated fatty acids optimal for this hair type. There are vitalizing macadamia oil, anti-heat damage argan oil, hydrating marula oil, pH-regulating jojoba oil, anti-frizz maracuja oil, protecting coconut oil, and other components. This Nanoil also contains UV filter, silk, vitamins A and E, and substances promoting hair growth. It strengthens, nourishes, and moisturizes, hindering hair loss and encouraging growth. It regenerates as well as protects from damaging external elements. Also, it tames and beautifies by increasing shine, preventing frizzy flyaways, and detangling.
- Nanoil for High Porosity Hair is rich in oils with a large amount of omega-3 and omega-6 unsaturated fatty acids. Among the ingredients, you’ll find soothing almond oil, heat-protectant argan oil, vitalizing evening primrose oil, repairing avocado oil, rejuvenating maracuja oil, and cottonseed oil for protecting hair ends. The action is enriched by panthenol, keratin, lanolin, vitamin E, silk, UV filter, and hair growth-promoting substances. The mixture of ingredients and velvety formula of oils make it possible for the product to deeply regenerate hair and ensure repair; prevent breakage, splitting, and thinning; eliminate frizz and scalp problems; add shine, softness, and elasticity to hair; and guarantee optimal moisture, making styling and combing easier at the same time.
Pros and Cons of Nanoil Hair Oils
The selection alone of natural oils that each version of Nanoil is made from makes it an exceptional beauty product. But this cosmetic has even more to offer. Depending on the hair type, you can find:
- vegetable extracts responsible for stimulating hair growth;
- vegetable extracts that slow down hair loss;
- UV sun protection filter;
- vitamins A and E, which are recognized as antioxidants boosting hair vitality;
- hydrolyzed silk, which moisturises and improves hair structure;
- lanolin, which softens, lubricates, and smooths hair;
- keratin, which is responsible for rebuilding hair structures and fixes damages;
- panthenol (pro-vitamin B5), which moisturises and smooths hair.
How to Use a Hair Oil at Home?
Hair oiling is a super easy task. You need to cover the entire length of hair (best if damp, right after washing) and scalp and follow with a delicate head massage so as to boost blood circulation. This in turn increases absorption of active substances that oils have. After 30 minutes, you should remove the oil using a shampoo, and then style as usual. Carry out the procedure once or twice a week if your hair is really damaged.
Don’t be afraid of oils and porosity-level tests, because this hair-care combo can take your locks to a higher level of beauty and health!