Winter is almost over and here we are – lifeless, brittle hair, pale skin… Who is this tired lady, staring at me in the mirror? If you feel the same, we want to cheer you up – you can have beautiful shiny hair this spring!
Spring is coming, and it means that we need to put some effort into hair care if we want to look like a gorgeous, exquisite flower. So, what can we do for our main treasure – hair – to make it healthy-looking? We’ve found a couple of simple ways to boost the shine in your strands, and now we are going to share them with you. Join us in this inspiring journey from dull weak hair to shiny glossy locks!
Feel free to use the infographic for your blog (copy code below) or share it with your friends in social networks!:
Method #1. Keratin Treatments
At a salon this simple procedure costs you 90 minutes and $250-500. But it gives you about three months of smooth shiny hair. A keratin treatment, also known as a Brazilian Blowout, is hair straightening with a smoothing complex. It’s really an effective way to get silkiness and effulgence in a short period of time. Plus, keratin treatments will work on any type of hair. However, you should know about side effects of keratin treatments. It works differently on various hair types. And it can affect your hair structure – in 3 months your locks may look more lifeless, than before the treatment.
Method #2. Scalp Needs Nutrition and Moisture
Shiny hair is a result of healthy hair and scalp – your roots need to be moisturized. One of the greatest ways to get healthy hair is applying vitamin E directly to the roots of your hair. Another effective method to soothe your scalp is oiling. Oils help moisturize your hair and increase blood circulation in your scalp when you massage it into. Well-nourished hair has healthy cuticles that lie flat making your hair look silky and glossy. You can use varied oils or mix them. The best oils for shiny hair are coconut oil, castor oil, jojoba oil, tea tree oil, and rosemary oil. Try to apply oil masks regularly and your locks will shine like diamonds!
Method #3. Hair Coloring
This isn’t a myth, a proper hair-dyeing can truly make your locks smoother and brighter. However, you need not just any dye, but a deposit-only, semi-permanent color gloss. Why? This dye is non-damaging, it can be washed out, and it really makes your hair look super-crazy-smooth. Oftentimes hair would look much healthier and thicker after dyeing, if it was done professionally. The best and safety way to color hair is to do this in a salon, especially for the first time.
Method #4. Do Your Home Treatments
One day you’ll understand that commercial hair care products can be more harmful than you can imagine. And you’ll want to resort to homemade treatments. Yes, hair care is not always an easy and fast process. It can be exhausting and frustrating. However, homemade treatments are the only way to get healthy shiny hair naturally. Be patient and work on your hair regularly and thoroughly. We are sharing here a couple of recipes for super shiny hair:
Avocado Hair Mask
- Mash 1 avocado until it becomes smooth (you can use a blender).
- Make your hair wet.
- Apply the avocado mask from roots to tips.
- Leave it for at least 15 minutes.
- Shampoo as usual and rinse with water.
Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) Rinse
- Detangle your hair and shampoo as normal, but skip the conditioner part.
- Mix 1 tbsp of ACV with 1 tbsp of water (you can take more ACV and water, according to your length, keeping the proportion) and apply it to your hair.
- Rinse off in 5 minutes.
Coconut Oil Homemade Mask
- Massage organic coconut oil onto your scalp and hair (do not wet your hair, it should be dry).
- Just rinse hair with warm water, no shampooing.
- Wrap your head with a towel or shower cap.
- Let the mask sit on your head for at least half an hour.
- Thoroughly shampoo your hair. Use a conditioner as usually.
Eggs Hair Mask
- Scramble 1 egg.
- Make your hair wet.
- Pour the mixture over your head. You can use a wide-tooth comb to your tips.
- Leave it for at least 15 minutes.
- Shampoo your hair as you always do. And try to rinse it with cold water for the best shine.
Yogurt Hair Mask
- You need to find a plain yogurt and apply it to your hair from roots to tips.
- Cover your head with a bag or shower cap.
- Keep the mask on your head for 20-30 minutes or until the yogurt has hardened.
- Take a shower and shampoo/condition as normal.
Method #5. Avoid Hair Damages
Sometimes we want to look as stunning as possible. We want it so bad, that we can even forget what is harmful and what is not! It’s really a common situation, speaking about hair. Brushing, ironing, blow-drying, and styling in general – all of these can lead to huge consequences (hair loss, hair thinning, dandruff). Follow these simple rules and you’ll keep health and beauty of your hair:
- Try to avoid non-organic chemicals in your hair care routine.
- Don’t overdo it straightening your hair with a flat iron. A straightener can make your hair dry and brittle.
- Brush your hair the right way: don’t rip your brush through tangles; don’t brush your wet hair; try to brush hair as rare as possible.
- At the very end of your showering and shampooing, just rinse your hair with cold water.
- Eat healthy food and your hair will be healthy. Drink a lot of water. Eat more fruits, vegetables, and products containing protein to boost gloss and strength of your strands.
These were our top 5 working methods to bring your locks back to life. Okay, dear ladies, now we are almost ready for spring! Hope our suggestions will help you to make you hair even more gorgeous, and tender spring sun rays and fresh breeze will do the rest. Stay beautiful!