We are all aware of the no-makeup makeup trend, but did you know that there is a similar one for hair? Say hello to the naked hair trend that invites you to well, go nude.
It’s no secret that colored hair is huge right now from pastel to bold colors-trendy shades are simply everywhere. However, they are not easy to maintain and they also can go out of style rather quickly, if you agree, naked hair might be the perfect solution for you!
What’s Nude Hair Color?
Let’s be real natural looks never go out of style. We’ve seen it with make-up and now we are seeing it with hair. But what exactly is naked hair? When it comes to hair color there are warm and cool tones to choose from. You should keep in mind that neutral tones are also an option. This is where the naked hair trend comes to the rescue when you just can’t decide. If you choose a neutral tone, you’re basically blending various warm and cool shades to obtain a stunning nude look.
Before model and actress Cara Delevingne shaved all her hair off, nude blonde was her staple hair color. It was a perfect hairstyle for long hair. Other celebrities and models such as Amanda Seyfried and Victoria Secret Angel Josephine Skriver have also stayed faithful to the naked look, proving that it is long lasting and glamorous. It highlights hair naturally if you choose a blend of various warm and cool tones to work with. It also complements skin tones perfectly.
Why is Naked Hair a Trend You Should Consider?
You might be thinking that neutral color hair doesn’t sound all that appealing, but it’s quite the contrary! Neutral hair colors don’t only go well with all skin tones but they’re easy to wear and make changing your look effortless.
Celebrity hairstylist Danilo, whose clientele includes Selena Gomez, Reese Witherspoon and Natalie Portman, just to name a few, supports the nude hair trend. He claims that it’s a breath of fresh hair to see beautiful natural textures, and it’s quite refreshing.
People don’t often have golden or naturally shiny hair. So when you get your hair dyed consistently it tends to fade to a neutral or yellow tone over time. Following the naked hair trend is the perfect solution if you are tired of having to go to the hairdresser every other week just to maintain your color.
When it comes down to it, this is the perfect trend to give your hair a break from damage and really the perfect solution for all those lazy girls out there that simply can’t be bothered with maintaining some of those complex hair trends. Especially if you are an avid supporter of the “I woke up like this” look!
What Tone Should You Go For
The great thing about this trend is that if you already have blonde hair or light brown hair it’s pretty simple to do. You just have to pick the color that comes closest to your natural color and add blonde highlights. The flawless combination of warm and cool tones makes the perfect result for paler skin. Much like the one and only, Gigi Hadid!
However, this trend doesn’t only have to be just for blondes. Brunettes can have fun too! Neutral hair tones are something we can all accomplish, and that’s what makes this trend so fabulous. If you have darker brown hair and medium to dark skin tones, a great way to accomplish a nude look is by adding baby blonde highlights to your color. The highlights will add a bit of light around your face, as well as shine to the hair, but it will still allow you to have a more natural hairstyle.
Do you have natural afro hair? Don’t fret because you can still rock this look! Naked hair is easy to wear and it truly depends on your own natural tones, there are no specific colors or rules to this trend. So if you have an afro and warmer skin undertones, instead of blending blonde tones opt for blending more brunette and tan tones for a completely natural but beautiful look.(Take for example Solange Knowles stunning look!)
For those girls that still want to add a pop of fun to their neutral hair, it is possible! Go for a nude pink shade. Adding soft pastel pink highlights blended with your naked hair can provide the perfect amount of balance between daring and neutral!
Tips on Getting Naked Hair
Did we convince you? If so, here are some great tips to keep in mind when having a naked hair look.
- Make sure to match the color of your nude hair to your skin. So, for skin with warmer undertones you should opt for warmer tones. And skin with cooler undertones should choose cooler tones.
- You may have heard once or twice that washing your hair too often is not the best move for healthy hair, but when it comes to naked hair this is not necessarily true. Washing your hair is important to keep your naked hair looking healthy, however you must make sure you are using the right shampoos. If you use the wrong shampoo it can strip the hair of their natural oils, nonetheless there are shampoos that if used correctly will strengthen your locks. Ask your stylists and investigate what shampoo is best for your specific hair type and color.
- Add a detangling mist, a body booster and a leave-in cream to your hair routine. By doing this you will add moisture and give your hair volume and shine.
- Another trick to add shine to your hair is by adding gloss to it while washing it. Gloss will help keep your hair stay healthy, vibrant and shiny.
- How to style your naked hair is up to you, however, by creating beach waves hair you will be adding more dimension and give it more life.
“I woke up like this” hair is now more possible than ever with the naked hair trend. As we can see, nude hair doesn’t only match your favorite nude lipstick but it also complements any complexion, and it’s a style that allows you to make changes easily. If you decide to go nude follow the tips above, style your hair and voilà you have accomplished a cute easy hairstyle.