What a busy year! In 2017, The Right Hairstyles reviewed hundreds of hair products to help you choose the best for your styling needs. With tons of amazing products to choose from, it was tough to narrow down our selections. But with the end of the year quickly approaching, here is a recap of our top 15 product choices that are guaranteed to change the way you think about your hair.
1. Best Hot Rollers – Remington Ceramic 20-Piece Multi-Sized Roller Set
These aren’t your grandma’s hot rollers! Get a variety of curl sizes with color-coded rollers for modern, curly looks and save your tresses from potential heat damage with this gentler curling option. The velvety surface of the rollers protects your hair from damage for healthy, bouncy curls.
2. Best Hair Straightening Brush – MiroPure 2-in-1 Ionic Brush
One of the most talked-about tools this year was the hair straightening brush. Perfect for on-the-go styles, this tool takes the hairbrush to another level. The MiroPure 2-in-1 Ionic Brush will change your hair care routine in seconds. With the fastest heating time and 16 heat settings, you can cut your styling time in half. The massaging nano-bristles and the auto shut-off features make this product a must-have.
3. Best Curling Iron – Remington Digital Curling Wand
The Remington Digital Curling Wand is a state-of-the-art styling tool, with a pearl-coated ceramic heating plate, a digital screen, and an automatic shut-off safety feature. Using this curling iron with a tapered end gives you versatility for creating curls of various sizes for those modern, curly looks.
4. Best Flat Iron – Remington S5500 Anti-Static
Who can deny the versatility of the flat iron? Straighten, curl, and flip your locks with one tool. The Remington S5500 Anti-Static flat iron comes with a premium coating that provides a better glide through your hair and reduces static and flyaways by up to 50%.
5. Best Boar Bristle Brush – Ineffable Care ‘Yin and Yang’ Boar Bristle Brushes
Get healthier, shinier hair by using a boar bristle brush. The boar bristles on this brush help to distribute the natural oils in your hair while the vented design and nylon bristles help with faster drying to reduce heat damage.
6. Best Leave-In Conditioner – It’s a 10 Miracle Leave-In plus Keratin
It’s a 10 Miracle Leave-in Plus Keratin gets a 10 from us. This affordable moisturizer is available at most drugstores and is a must-have to maintain your salon keratin treatment. It’s also available without keratin for everyday use. This cruelty-free leave-in also works as a heat protectant, detangler, and helps control frizz.
7. Best Hair Volumizer – Herbal Essences Volumizing Mousse
Get the big hair look you’ve been dreaming of without breaking the bank on expensive volumizing products. With anti-humidity and anti-frizz elements built in, this super-affordable curl-defining mousse is at the top of our list.
8. Best Keratin Shampoo – Baebody Argan Oil Shampoo
Keratin is one of the building blocks of healthy hair. Replenish lost keratin with this gentle, sulfate-free shampoo packed with organic ingredients and natural oils.
9. Best Purple Shampoo for Blondes – Clairol Shimmer Lights Shampoo
Preserve your perfectly platinum, gray, or ash blonde color with our top pick for purple shampoos. Clairol’s Shimmer Lights Shampoo not only counteracts brassiness, it’s packed with nutrients and proteins for healthy-looking hair.
10. Best Shampoo and Conditioner for Colored Hair – Biolage ColorLast
Prolong your perfect shade of hair color with Biolage ColorLast. This shampoo and conditioner combe prevents color oxidation to maintain color for up to 5 weeks. Get soft, smooth, manageable hair with this gentle, pH balanced, paraben-free duo.
11. Best Moisturizing Mask for Dry Hair – Arvazallia Hydrating Argan Oil Mask
Indulge your senses with this thick, creamy, deep conditioner infused with argan oil. This professional level hair mask provides extra moisture to parched locks, improves manageability, protects and treats heat-damaged hair, and is suitable for all hair types.
12. Best Root Concealer – Color WOW Root Cover Up
Extend the life of your color between salon appointments with our top pick for root cover up. Color WOW’s no-muss, no-fuss application earned it the top spot on our list. With no messy sprays to deal with, this product is not only easy to apply and comes in several natural-looking shades.
13. Best Dry Shampoo – Batiste Dry Shampoo Original
Batiste Dry Shampoo is undeniably the fan favorite and is recommended by nearly every beauty blog on the internet. We love the lightweight, rice starch-based formula available in three colors and 10 different scents.
14. Best Treatment for Thinning Hair – Hairgenics Pronexa Hair Growth Supplement
Get healthier, thicker hair with Hairgenics hair growth supplement. This product not only addresses hair loss, it can help improve vitamin deficiencies, promote cell growth, and is good for nails, skin, joints, and overall health.
15. Best Compact Hair Dryer – Revlon 1875W Compact Travel Hair Dryer
You don’t have to sacrifice style when you travel with this powerful little hair dryer. Compact and lightweight, this dryer won’t take up much room in your bag, leaving some extra room for another pair of shoes.
There you have it! We are sure that the top 15 products of 2017 will bring you hair success in the new year. Try them out for yourself and let us know what you think!
We Want to Hear from You
Do you have a favorite product that you’d like to see reviewed on our site, or a game-changing product that other TRH readers just need to know about? Drop us a line and tell us about it!
Want More Reviews?
All these products listed above and more reviewed here:
- 7 Best Curling Iron Models and How to Choose One
- 7 Best Hot Rollers on the Market for Modern, Natural-Looking Curls
- 7 Best Flat Iron Models That Don’t Fry Hair
- 8 Best Volumizing Styling Products for Fine Hair
- 10 Keratin Shampoos to Choose From
- 10 Best Shampoos for Dry Scalp Real People Swear By
- 10 Best Purple Shampoos for Blonde Hair
- 7 Best Leave In Conditioners for Each Hair Type
- 5 Best Moisturizing Products for Dry Hair
- 8 Best Root Cover-Ups You Need to Try
- 10 Best Dry Shampoos According to the Internet
- Thinning Hair Treatment: How to Stop Hair Loss in Women
- 7 Best Travel Hair Dryers Available on Amazon